For a proper lining installation with bricks or castables, you must:
- Have basic knowledge of the materials to be installed.
- Dispose of Technical Data sheets & Safety and hygiene Data Sheets of the products.
- Consult suppliers recommendations for the use of materials.
- Transmit information to installers.
- Lead reports with the results of the furnace.
Analysis between the lining with bricks and castables:
- Placement requires an expert hand.
- There is a high length of Board between them. (the Board is the weak point of the lining and is located across the surface of the ladle).
- Specific drying is not necessary.
- Longer demolitions.
- for the installation requires a mold and tooling (castable mixer and vibrator)
- Does not present any Board or weak area in the entire surface.
- Better results than brick linings.
- This lining is less sensitive to damage by slag.
- Easier demolitions.