A combination of lightness, ressitance and high electrical and thermal conductivity, is the property that became a key to Aluminium and its alloys, for the construction of aircraft, automobiles, or engines, among many other applications. And it is that a given volume of aluminium weighs less than one-third of the same volumen of steel. Unique lighter metals are Lithium, Berylium and Magnesium.
On the other hand, only has a 63% of the electrical conductivity of the copper wire of the same thickness, but weighing less than half. This means that a comparable one of cooper conductivity aluminium wire is thicker, but still lighter. All of this has its importance in case of the transport of electricity of high voltage-700,00 volts or more-longer distance for what, precisely, are used for aluminium conductors.
Due to the considerable savings produced during recycling and to the simplicity of the process, the aluminum started to be recycled a long time ago, and today is a widespread activity, technically solved and profitable, In fact, more than the 75% of the last 100 years produced aluminum is today in use because of the recycling.
Over the past 20 years , Insertec has developed a range of specific products for the aluminum recycling sector, in which we can remark tilting rotary furnaces.
Looking at this type of equipment, the refractory lining is one of the critical points , and where our refractory division provides differentiated and innovative engineering refractory solutions.
The success key in the performance of these solutions is given by the combination of 3 factors:
Design and selection of the more appropiate materials. (zones)
Best Lining design (anchoring way, insulation, thickness and geometry)
REFRACTORY ENGINEERING purpose is to get together those 3 factor and INSERTEC, Ingeniería y Servicios Técnicos is able to reach the target giving solutions such as:
- The use of REFRACTORY PRECAST SHAPES à remove the main disadvantages of the use of bricks and monolithic mases, providing all the advantages of each one of them:
- Manufacturing according to a quality system: (moulds design and manufacturing, mixing, vibration, demoulding, drying and fyring) = Homogeneity in the technical characteristics in all the shape geometry.
- Specifically designed (materials y geometry) = best behaviour taking into account the requirements of each zone of the installation.
- The customer receives the shapes just ready for their installation and put in operation. They could be installed by mechanical team with some drawings and assemblying instructions.
- Installation days and scheduled stops are considerably descreased.
- There can be spares in the customer or in the manufacturer warehouse, so in case of non scheduled stop of the plant, replacement of the shape and repairing works are reduced at minimum.
- The characteristics of the shapes are homogeneus and materials and designs the best in each application = increases in the life of the refractory components à less repairing costs (refractory and metallic elements that are protected by the refractory), and less operations inside the furnace.
- Less operations inside the installation à less exposure of the workers to more occupational hazard (demolitión, equipments and tooling handling in reduced spaces, activities in reduced accesses zones,etc) = Improvement in SAFETY and Health conditions.
- The possibility of accidents and incidents decrease due to the minimizing of the number of repairing operations..
- The increase in the life of the refractory components involve an enviromental and economical improvement due to the less waste creation and its latest management.
The following picture symolizes all the advantages (technical, economical, safety and enviromental) that are involved in the use of REFRACTORY PRECAST SHAPES.
Contact with us